Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10743 Brass
Challenges:
29/05/2019 11:38 am  

Welcome!

I'm glad you decided to step in and take a look what's going on here. The Everyday Marksman is about improving your skillset in a variety of areas. But we do more than just talk about it, we take action. The Marksman Challenges test your ability to perform tactical skills across a variety of circumstances and conditions.

A new challenge is posted each month. Anyone, members and guests alike, may participate in the challenges- but only community members are able to collect brass and badges for completing them. Collecting brass, in short, means earning points and credits within the community which you can then spend on perks and bonuses later on.

The Rules

Each challenge is not simply a pass or fail standard, but we don't do participation trophies, either. Any given challenge includes a basic set of criteria to earn a completion badge, but demonstrating higher levels of skill earns additional brass and special badges. These badges are displayed on your community profile for others to see, so take pride in it.

That said, we need to lay down some ground rules.

#1 INTEGRITY FIRST: We do not abide by cheaters. If you are caught cheating on a challenge, then you will be unable to participate in further challenges. We are a friendly group here, and it's not like there's some monetary reward awaiting you if you post the top score. Don't risk the community and your integrity.

#2 You must present proof: Each challenge will detail some level of proof required to complete the challenge. Some examples might include photographs, screenshots, or even video. This is specified in the details for each challenge. We realize some of this proof can be faked, but then we refer back to rule #1.

#3 You may complete a challenge at any time: You may go back and complete any challenge at any time in the future to earn brass and badges. If you already earned a lower level badge, you are still able to go on to earn the next level up. There may be times where a challenge is time sensitive and must be completed within a timeframe set forth in the rules of the challenge. These special challenges are the exception to rule #3.

#4 Use this forum only for scoring: The Marksman Challenge portion of the forum is only for the posting of challenges and scores. To be scored, reply to the original challenge thread topic with your proof. If you've taken any notes, feel free to add your story to the scoring post to provide context.

#5 Have Fun: This is the most important part. We're in this together, so encourage one another and seek help. Use the Training Log, Tips, and How-Tos forum to document your progress.

Wrapping Up

That's all, guys. I hope you take advantage of this unique opportunity to develop your abilities along with like-minded folks.

This topic was modified 6 months ago by Matt

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1831 Brass
06/06/2019 3:02 pm  

Question for the rules (since I didn't see it up here): may I have multiple entries?  For example, if I wanted to have an irons-only entry and an optics entry, am I allowed to do so?

Internet reputations may be one thing, but cold hard data is another.

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10743 Brass
Challenges:
06/06/2019 4:37 pm  

Good question. Each challenge is different, some may have a division or iron sights or optics, some are one size fits all.

This first one, for example, is a one size fits all. If you meet the requirement in the first go with optics, you don’t u lock the same badge again by using iron sights.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register