Blog post on optic ...

Blog post on optic choices  

RSS

Robby
(@robby)
Passerby Member
117 Brass
16/07/2019 11:14 am  

Good article. A couple points. I agree that the mission dictates it.

The aimpoint  pro is solid but it’s a bit heavy. I like the smaller micro sights. My close in setup is light and a pinned 14.7 ( not a fan of short barreled boomsticks due to sound and flash. )

The trijicon acog is not my top choice  due to the fiber. hard to adjust brightness outdoors and issues indoors with a light. Right now the best I can find that fits my needs is the 3x vortex prism.

My longer distance is the Vx-R patrol

Someday. That’s a dangerous word. It’s really just a code for ‘never’.

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
9231 Brass
Challenges:
16/07/2019 9:05 pm  
Posted by: @robby

Good article. A couple points. I agree that the mission dictates it.

The aimpoint  pro is solid but it’s a bit heavy. I like the smaller micro sights. My close in setup is light and a pinned 14.7 ( not a fan of short barreled boomsticks due to sound and flash. )

The trijicon acog is not my top choice  due to the fiber. hard to adjust brightness outdoors and issues indoors with a light. Right now the best I can find that fits my needs is the 3x vortex prism.

My longer distance is the Vx-R patrol

I totally see where you're coming from. I picked the PRO mainly out of cost reasons. I like the smaller sights as well, but the cost is significantly more. If the TA33 ACOG had the LED illumination of my TA110, it would be near perfect. But as it is, I picked that class of optic for mainly outdoor use anyway, but your point is well made.

The VX-R for a Class III is a good choice, though!

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
Nick_
(@nick_)
Member Community Founder
272 Brass
16/07/2019 10:07 pm  

Right now I run LPVO but am looking at putting a PRO on one of my rifles.... I acquired an EoTech on a trade but have found I don't like it.

“While people laugh at me because I’m different, I laugh at them because they’re all the same.”

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1408 Brass
17/07/2019 9:45 am  

My PRO owns the HD rifle role, and I wouldn't hesitate to get another.  I find as far as ACOGs go, I find the TA50 is really starting to win out over the TA31 in my opinion.

Internet reputations may be one thing, but cold hard data is another.

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1408 Brass
17/07/2019 9:46 am  

My PRO owns the HD rifle role, and I wouldn't hesitate to get another.  I find as far as ACOGs go, I find the TA50 is really starting to win out over the TA31 in my opinion.

Internet reputations may be one thing, but cold hard data is another.

ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Working

Please Login or Register