Dump Pouch Recommen...

Dump Pouch Recommendations  

RSS

Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
04/11/2019 3:40 pm  

I am looking for a compact (when deployed) dump pouch. Everything I have seen at matches and most of what I can find online look enormous when deployed. I don't need the bulk or the swaying momentum as I move around. I just need the ability to stow 2 or 3 AR mags tops for stages that require mag retention.

Anyone using something they like?

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10662 Brass
Challenges:
04/11/2019 8:13 pm  

Was this in relation to the match you did?

The only dump pouch I've spent time with is an older Emdom, but it's far from compact and it does not stow away at all.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Matt

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1717 Brass
05/11/2019 9:45 am  

Both mine are First Spear.  They pack up into something about the size of a 2x4 MOLLE row, and can easily hold what you're asking about.  Not to mention, it has a drawstring for the opening.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Diceman624

Internet reputations may be one thing, but cold hard data is another.

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
05/11/2019 10:19 am  

@matt

Yup, we had a stage where I needed to do a tactical reload and stow the mag rather than drop it. I though I could get away with just stuffing the mag back into its pouch. In the heat of the moment it required too much precision and added time to my run.

My issue with all the dump pouches I saw at the match is they were they were all these enormous sacks flopping off of people's battle belts taking up real estate on their waists. With just a mag or two in them they swayed and flopped all over. I would prefer something compact when stowed and trim when deployed in the few cases I need it. The compact  piece is critical  since I don't run a battle belt concept, more of a minimalist 2 piece belt system along the lines of what you describe in your recent The Tactical Belt article https://www.everydaymarksman.co/equipment/tactical-belt/  .

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Akm295

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10662 Brass
Challenges:
05/11/2019 10:28 am  

@akm295

Yeah, gotcha. That's the exact reason I stopped using one, I didn't like the thing flopping around on me. I know a lot of guys like the Maxpedition Rollypolly that compresses down. Were I to go this route again, I'd probably get the Tactical Tailor Fight Light roll-up dump pouch.

That said, another option you can consider is a decent set of ACU-cut cargo pants. Drop the spent mag in the big leg pocket and away you go. Yet another one, the British method and one that I've used in classes, works well with battle belts or any kind of load bearing harness. If you're wearing any kind of jacket/smock/shirt that the belt cinches around, then drop the spent mag down the front of the jacket. Obviously, this doesn't work with chest rigs.

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
05/11/2019 10:57 am  

@diceman624

Would that be their SSE Pouch?

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1717 Brass
05/11/2019 11:01 am  

I believe so.

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
05/11/2019 3:32 pm  

Looks like I am checking out the Maxpedition Rollypolly MM Folding Dump Pouch, First Spears SSE Pouch, and Tactical Tailor Fight Light roll-up dump pouch. Thanks for your help!

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1717 Brass
05/11/2019 7:40 pm  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CfUFNZ5ihHdWuDmc6

If you look between the rifle taco and the first aid kit on the left side of the belt, that's what the First Spear pouch looks like compressed for storage.

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10662 Brass
Challenges:
05/11/2019 9:50 pm  

@diceman624

That's a nice looking setup. Viper IFAK? I've been eyeballing one forever, but just grabbed the BFG mini version for the tac belt article. From the look of it, the FirstSpear pouch probably rolls up tighter than the Tactical Tailor one.

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1717 Brass
06/11/2019 6:33 am  

@matt

Viper IFAK with Chinook Medical components.  My other belt has a similar but larger pouch and sleeve from British Tactical, but the 6 o'clock position & side pull features are still in play.   Max Velocity's Fight Light concepts influenced this one, but I've since replaced the belt mounted pistol tacos.

/sidebar.

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
06/11/2019 2:07 pm  
Posted by: @diceman624

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CfUFNZ5ihHdWuDmc6

If you look between the rifle taco and the first aid kit on the left side of the belt, that's what the First Spear pouch looks like compressed for storage.

That is tiny! The belt gives much better perspective than the stock photos, thanks for sharing this.

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1717 Brass
06/11/2019 2:08 pm  

@akm295

I'll get a photo of it expanded if you'd like.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Diceman624

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
07/11/2019 12:04 am  

@diceman624

I would appreciate it if you have the time!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Akm295

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1717 Brass
07/11/2019 6:46 am  

@akm295

Here you go.  The first image is just the open pouch against the same belt for perspective.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FAfS3gHdkiWqNfTk8

Here it is again with 2x 30rd PMAGS.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FVfhUdJzdJRmeuH26

Akm295 liked
ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
Member Community Founder
1078 Brass
Challenges:
07/11/2019 1:09 pm  

I wear Duluth Trading Company Firehose cargo pants. They are comfortable, tough, and have lots of pockets. The flaps have velcro where you can tuck them inside the pocket and stay there. They make for decent dump pockets. Not everything needs to be specialized and "tactical".

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Matt liked
ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register