Recommendations for...

Recommendations for a Prism Sight  

RSS

Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
415 Brass
06/06/2019 10:10 pm  

Guess who has an astigmatism? I recently had to get glasses and all of those competitively priced red dot optics are no longer a realistic option. I’m looking for recommendations for prism sights, preferably one power. I have a variable optic that I love, but I’m also looking for a lighter weight one power option. Are the PA Cyclops and Vortex Spitfire  the only real options? Looking for suggestions and any personal experience using them or others.

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10137 Brass
Challenges:
07/06/2019 8:21 pm  

I think that's something of a specialty for @darklordofoptics

I'm actually interested in this topic as well.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
BDover
(@bdover)
Engaged Member Author
1394 Brass
10/06/2019 7:50 am  

@akm295

Define competitively priced.   If your willing to spend a little more the 1.5x ACOGs and EOTechs can be had used for $300-$600 if you search around.  I know its not a prism, but my understanding is that those options are pretty valid for people with astigmatisms.

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
415 Brass
11/06/2019 11:51 pm  

Thanks for those suggestions. Competitively priced being $300 and under. $300 would be realllllly stretching it for me. Think the Holosuns and Primary Arms red dot range, but prism or fixed power optic. While I’d love a little ACOG new or used , it’s beyond my means and I likely don’t need something that bombproof (but I sure would like it!).

It looks like that leaves me still considering the Cyclops or Spitfire. Anyone have experience with either or any options  we missed?

ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register