The Everyday Marksman

Community Hub

Something Amazing is Coming

The Everyday Marksman forum launched nearly a year ago. In that time, we’ve learned a lot about one another and running a small tightknit community. Now it’s time for the next evolution, a brand new place for you to connect with other marksmen just like you online and in the real world. It’s almost ready, and it’s going to be an invitation-only affair. But now is your chance to get on the waiting list and get invited the day the doors open up.

I can’t wait to show you more.

\\\ The Forum

Removable Iron Sigh...

Removable Iron Sight Recommendations  

RSS

Akm295
(@akm295)
Engaged Member Member
1121 Brass
Challenges:
06/12/2019 1:49 pm  

I'll be working on a 20" fixed stock A4/K.I.S.S. style rifle over the next few months. It's real purpose is just to be a simple fun gun with dedicated iron sights. Since irons are the goal I am looking around for recommendations. I've been looking at a wide variety of carry handle options, the LMT Tactical Rear Sight for its trim looks and full adjustability, and the DD A1.5 for its simplicity.

Any one have experience and/or thoughts on these or other options?

Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
2006 Brass
06/12/2019 4:38 pm  

I started that route with a Fulton Armory A4 carry handle, then I went full A2 upper.  The DD A1.5 might not be a bad call, though I have no experience with it.

Internet reputations may be one thing, but cold hard data is another.

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Hardened Member Admin
11872 Brass
Challenges:
06/12/2019 8:54 pm  

The DD 1.5 is what I have in the Minuteman KISS rifle. They work well for what they do. Another good option is the Larue LT-103

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-b-u-i-s-qd-lt103/

They also have a good reputation. One of the big questions I go back and forth with is whether or not a dedicated irons rifle should have adjustable rears.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
JustinC
(@justinc)
Member Subject Matter Expert
700 Brass
Challenges:
10/12/2019 7:39 am  

I'm running Troy non-folding/fixed irons with an EOTech on mine (lower third cowitness). If you want the full adjustment capability of the A2-style carrying handle I can't recommend the LMT adjustable rear sight assembly highly enough.

This post was modified 1 month ago by JustinC

ReplyQuote
BDover
(@bdover)
Engaged Member Author
1399 Brass
10/12/2019 11:38 am  

I'm running DD 1.5 on my minute man rifle (18" faxon barrel, knights ras m5, a5 receiver extension).    I like them.  I set the zero & leave it.    If you shop them around you can get the rear for $40ish.

That being said I also have a set of troy folding irons that may go on if that rifle ever gets a micro red dot.

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
Engaged Member Community Founder
1117 Brass
Challenges:
12/12/2019 2:07 pm  

I'm getting a friend to print a set of these for me: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3370145 😀

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Hardened Member Admin
11872 Brass
Challenges:
12/12/2019 4:48 pm  

@pete

Lol, nice

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Pete liked
ReplyQuote
hamrad
(@hamrad)
Member Member
372 Brass
03/01/2020 9:38 am  

I run an LMT tactical sight on the rear of my mk18 (cqbr block 1) and it's a tank. Although for the money, you could get a daniel defense combo which look pretty sweet together. That is the setup I thought about putting on my 300blk pistol but went with the more compact magpul pros.

check me out on IG @2alpha_engineer

ReplyQuote

\\\ Latest Articles

Support
The Everyday Marksman
The Everyday Marksman is entirely funded by readers like you. We don't rely on ads, sponsors, or any other outside influence to run things. For the price of a box of ammo, you can help keep the lights on and the content flowing.

Buy a Round

Your Support Matters

The Everyday Marksman uses Ko-Fi to help fund our activities. If you like what you get here, then we'd appreciate your support. Supporting the site includes several perks you can't get anywhere else.
Buy a Round

\\\ Latest Articles

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register