The Everyday Marksman

Community Hub

\\\ The Forum

Rifle stocks vs cha...

When it comes to bolt action rifles, do you prefer a traditional stock or a chassis system? Poll is created on Nov 10, 2019

Rifle stocks vs chassis? A poll.  

RSS

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
11318 Brass
Challenges:
10/11/2019 11:08 am  

I've got it in my mind to take my Howa 1500 and finish it out using the more traditional stock that it's already in. But I feel like there's always room for one more. There's just something appealing in an industrial/utilitarian way about a bolt action rifle in a chassis system.

Do you have any preference?

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Sunshine Shooter
(@sunshine-shooter)
Engaged Member Author
2558 Brass
Challenges: emergency shelter challenge level 1
11/11/2019 4:57 pm  

I just like the utilitarian, no-nonsense, pure performance looks of a chassis.  Stocks can look good, but they do so (to me) by evoking a kind of nostalgia, or some sort of implied pedigree.  Chassis just look so new and modern, and I love them.  I'm also a born contrarian, so that may influence my preferences as well.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement"

progunmillennial.wordpress.com

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Engaged Member Member
1005 Brass
Challenges:
11/11/2019 11:35 pm  

I’m in the traditional stock camp. I completely understand all the benefits a chassis system brings to the table and that it is most likely the better choice here, but I’m a sucker for classic lines and natural materials if I can have them. If the current stock is synthetic then just go whole hog on a chassis. Black Friday is right around the corner you know.

ReplyQuote

Your Support Matters

The Everyday Marksman uses Ko-Fi to help fund our activities. If you like what you get here, then we'd appreciate your support. Supporting the site includes several perks you can't get anywhere else.
Buy a Round

\\\ Latest Articles

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register