RSS

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
11311 Brass
Challenges:
06/10/2019 8:22 am  

I'm finishing up an article on CCW belts for this week, but I was curious about your thoughts. Do you look for anything specific in a belt you're going to use for carry? To be honest, I went my first year of carrying using a standard leather belt and it worked well enough (though it did stretch quite a bit). I've since picked up a few purpose-built belts that work better, but it's also a personal preference kind of thing.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Sunshine Shooter
(@sunshine-shooter)
Engaged Member Author
2556 Brass
Challenges: emergency shelter challenge level 1
07/10/2019 1:05 pm  

I've carried for years with a cheap leather belt and now with a nylon cobra-buckled belt and the material itself doesn't really sway me one way or the other, as far as function.  I think that all else being equal, a belt that looks like a nice leather belt attracts me a little bit more.

I like how the Cobra buckle brings the belt back to the same place every time, there's no guessing "was I on this notch/hole or this other one?" with a cobra buckle.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement"

progunmillennial.wordpress.com

ReplyQuote
BDover
(@bdover)
Engaged Member Author
1395 Brass
08/10/2019 12:41 pm  

I'm a simple man.  I look for a belt that is stiff enough to  hold a pistol and easily adjustable enough that I can use it with or without a pistol.  I love the idea of a cobra buckled belt, but I want something that is easier to adjust.

I settled on a cinch style belt.  Good price, decent retention, & very adjustable.

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1868 Brass
08/10/2019 1:20 pm  

Anonymity; I want a belt that doesn't scream "I'm tactical" or "I'm carrying."  I want a belt that, under all forms of scrutiny, just looks like a normal, everyday leather belt.

And if I could get it for less than $80, that'd be awesome.

Internet reputations may be one thing, but cold hard data is another.

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
11311 Brass
Challenges:
08/10/2019 9:04 pm  
Posted by: @diceman624

Anonymity; I want a belt that doesn't scream "I'm tactical" or "I'm carrying."  I want a belt that, under all forms of scrutiny, just looks like a normal, everyday leather belt.

And if I could get it for less than $80, that'd be awesome.

Check today's article (I don't know why the email didn't go out, I'm testing it again for tomorrow). I threw out some suggestions in the $50 to $60 range. I'm really happy with my Relentless Tactical belts, and they've become my everyday belt whether I'm carrying or not.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
Robby
(@robby)
Passerby Member
122 Brass
13/10/2019 8:49 am  

my favorite belt is a western style leather belt. It’s always in style in Texas and good leather stay rigid.  A favorite belt is the Comp Tec kydex reinforced belt. It’s rigid and and in black or tan I use it as a dress belt as it’s not as thick as others

Someday. That’s a dangerous word. It’s really just a code for ‘never’.

ReplyQuote
Sunshine Shooter
(@sunshine-shooter)
Engaged Member Author
2556 Brass
Challenges: emergency shelter challenge level 1
15/10/2019 3:25 pm  

@robby

I like the looks of that Comp Tac belt.  I may have to explore it someday when I'm in the market for a new belt.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement"

progunmillennial.wordpress.com

ReplyQuote

Your Support Matters

The Everyday Marksman uses Ko-Fi to help fund our activities. If you like what you get here, then we'd appreciate your support. Supporting the site includes several perks you can't get anywhere else.
Buy a Round

\\\ Latest Articles

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register