\\\ The Forum

Bergmann-Bayard Model 1910/21s in the wild  

RSS

Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
18/10/2019 10:47 am  

I was at the range the other day and struck up a conversation with some friendly folks. Long story short, it led to me getting to put a few rounds through a pair of nearly 100 year old pistols. It was good reminder of what reaching out and just saying hello in our community can lead to.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10662 Brass
Challenges:
18/10/2019 12:16 pm  

Oh, now that’s not something you see every day. I love the old world industrial aesthetic on tide. How did they shoot?

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
18/10/2019 2:08 pm  

They look gorgeous for sure, at home in Star Wars or a steam punk setting. The ergonomics made them tricky to shoot. They were chambered in 9mm. For such heavy pistols, the felt recoil was surprisingly stout. I would attribute it to the mass of the bolt moving backwards and the grip. The sights were the same barleycorn style you would see on a 98K. Those have always been difficult for me to shoot.

The interesting thing to me was to get to shoot historical examples of semi-auto pistols from an era where they were all still figuring out what an semi-auto pistol should be.

Pete liked
ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register