The Everyday Marksman

Community Hub

Something Amazing is Coming

The Everyday Marksman forum launched nearly a year ago. In that time, we’ve learned a lot about one another and running a small tightknit community. Now it’s time for the next evolution, a brand new place for you to connect with other marksmen just like you online and in the real world. It’s almost ready, and it’s going to be an invitation-only affair. But now is your chance to get on the waiting list and get invited the day the doors open up.

I can’t wait to show you more.

\\\ The Forum

Clone Building  

RSS

hamrad
(@hamrad)
Member Member
372 Brass
11/01/2020 8:20 pm  

I don’t really like the term per say and how crazy it has become on social media but I definitely enjoy building US service rifle “clones”. Wether it’s from nostalgia from using one as a service member or not, I think it’s a way to show homage to those who have used weapons like them in the past to preserve our freedom.

It may be hard for some to understand the time and money that goes into clone rifles as well but once you start learning about the history and looking everywhere for parts that can be extremely hard to find, it becomes way more than just building a rifle.

I just wanted to share some of my clone builds with everyone and hopefully get a chance to see some of the projects you’ve been working on too so please share even if you only have the first part so far. There are tons of avenues for information out there listing all the correct parts but if anyone has any questions, I’ll be glad to help you along the way the best I can. Happy building!

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by hamrad

check me out on IG @2alpha_engineer

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Hardened Member Admin
11872 Brass
Challenges:
13/01/2020 6:21 am  

I’m not really a clone guy, but I respect the discipline and persistence to stick to it and find all of the right parts. Especially if those parts are no longer get made.

that Mk12 looks nice, though!

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
hamrad
(@hamrad)
Member Member
372 Brass
13/01/2020 6:41 am  

@matt

Did I read once that you had an A4 clone or was that someone else on the forum?

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Hardened Member Admin
11872 Brass
Challenges:
13/01/2020 7:09 am  

@hamrad

Not me, I don’t have clones of anything.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Engaged Member Member
1121 Brass
Challenges:
14/01/2020 10:21 pm  

Nice build, and I can definitely appreciate the process that goes into sourcing everything you need. It's the journey, not the destination sort of vibe.

How does it shoot?

ReplyQuote
hamrad
(@hamrad)
Member Member
372 Brass
15/01/2020 6:15 am  

@akm295

Exactly, it’s a lot of fun building and learning the history. I just finished it last weekend so waiting for the chance to take it out to a local farm I go to and really stretch it out to see how she performs.

ReplyQuote

\\\ Latest Articles

Support
The Everyday Marksman
The Everyday Marksman is entirely funded by readers like you. We don't rely on ads, sponsors, or any other outside influence to run things. For the price of a box of ammo, you can help keep the lights on and the content flowing.

Buy a Round

Your Support Matters

The Everyday Marksman uses Ko-Fi to help fund our activities. If you like what you get here, then we'd appreciate your support. Supporting the site includes several perks you can't get anywhere else.
Buy a Round

\\\ Latest Articles

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register