Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10662 Brass
Challenges:
16/09/2019 9:20 pm  

Practicality question for y'all.

For previous podcasts, I wrote up blog posts summarizing the key points and narrating the discussion. For the last one with Russ, I posted a complete transcript of the entire thing (over 13,000 words).

Do you have a preferred format for these interviews going forward?

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
Member Community Founder
1078 Brass
Challenges:
17/09/2019 1:56 am  

Since I am one of the seemingly few people who don't listen to podcasts, I liked the transcript. I prefer reading over listening.

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
24/09/2019 11:28 am  

I'm more likely to read than listen since work and home isn't conducive to it. I'm a fan of the blog posts summarizing the key points and narrating the discussion. I like summarization and the added value with AAR aspects.  But I get that is a lot of work in addition to coordinating, recording, editing, and posting a podcast. I would be fine with transcripts moving forward so I at least have the option to read.

ReplyQuote
JustinC
(@justinc)
Member Subject Matter Expert
371 Brass
02/10/2019 8:27 am  

Personally, I prefer an abbreviated "notes" that is conducive to going in and quickly looking at images, finding links, or accessing other materials talked about on the show.

I understand the needs of the people above, but I'm never going to read a transcript of a podcast.

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10662 Brass
Challenges:
02/10/2019 12:12 pm  

@justinc

I’m leaning this direction. If it takes me about the same amount of time either way, I feel like notes, complete with quotes and graphics, are a much more consumable way to read the content rather than listen.

I think full transcripts were more relevant for search engine reasons, but apparently search engines are generating their own transcripts internally now.

So, long story short, I’m switching back to notes.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register