The Everyday Marksman

Community Hub

\\\ The Forum

So what's the name? Poll is created on Jun 26, 2019

{Poll} So how should we refer to ourselves?  

RSS

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
11311 Brass
Challenges:
26/06/2019 9:19 am  

So here's an interesting question: how should we refer to ourselves? As I've been recording podcasts, I feel like I need a better way to refer to the community beyond "the community."

The ones that come immediately to mind are "Marksman Nation" or "Marksman Tribe"

Any other ideas?

This topic was modified 6 months ago 3 times by Matt

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Sunshine Shooter
(@sunshine-shooter)
Engaged Member Author
2556 Brass
Challenges: emergency shelter challenge level 1
26/06/2019 9:42 am  

Bros 🙂

I kinda like the idea of "Tribe".  We're a group of people who are similarly interested, but I don't know if there's enough of us to call ourselves a 'nation'.  I don't know if I'm on board with "Marksman Tribe" per se, but it may grow on me.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement"

progunmillennial.wordpress.com

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1868 Brass
26/06/2019 7:56 pm  

I'm not opposed to any of those, but I also thought of some more martial descriptors like Team, Crew or even Posse.

Internet reputations may be one thing, but cold hard data is another.

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
11311 Brass
Challenges:
26/06/2019 10:10 pm  
Posted by: Diceman624

I'm not opposed to any of those, but I also thought of some more martial descriptors like Team, Crew or even Posse.

Team actually has a lot of appeal to me. I think I shied away from it because I know MVT already has their "Team Coyote" moniker, even though it applies only to a subset of the people in that group. Similarly, ITS adopted "Crew" for their groups.

But Posse, though...that has a nice ring to it honestly. "Marksman Posse"

It has a nice allusion to some of the stuff that Jack Donovan writes about with the "gang."

ReplyQuote
Jerry
(@rto-jerry)
Engaged Member Community Founder
1001 Brass
Challenges:
26/06/2019 10:32 pm  

The "tribe" its most evident in the attributes you all bring to this forum community  🙂  You men are made up of a heritage that has stood the test of time from generations past, present and well into the future.

Gad = the warrior archetype Expanding on the justice of Dan, Gad is ready to fight for his beliefs. The warrior is necessary to both defend our cherished values and to protect our freedoms.

This post was modified 6 months ago by Jerry

ReplyQuote
BDover
(@bdover)
Engaged Member Author
1395 Brass
27/06/2019 7:57 am  

I like Posse, its a nice throwback to the days of the old west & going after the bad guys/defending the homestead.

Also, who here didn't play cowboys & indians as a kid?

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1110 Brass
Challenges:
27/06/2019 9:48 pm  

I loathe the use of "Whatever Nation" all over the place. I can't explain why it irritates me but it sure does.

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
11311 Brass
Challenges:
28/06/2019 6:43 am  
Posted by: Pete

I loathe the use of "Whatever Nation" all over the place. I can't explain why it irritates me but it sure does.

lol, I get that. It's funny because I noticed the same trend but put it up here anyway.

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1110 Brass
Challenges:
21/11/2019 1:10 am  

Was there a final decision on this?

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
11311 Brass
Challenges:
21/11/2019 7:10 am  

@pete

I've been using "Marksman Tribe" on podcast episodes based on this. Based on the other discussion, I'm open to something else for team jersies/patches/swag

Pete liked
ReplyQuote

Your Support Matters

The Everyday Marksman uses Ko-Fi to help fund our activities. If you like what you get here, then we'd appreciate your support. Supporting the site includes several perks you can't get anywhere else.
Buy a Round

\\\ Latest Articles

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register