You Can't Escape the Work  

RSS

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Engaged Member Admin
8141 Brass
31/05/2019 6:44 am  

This article was in my email this morning, and I thought it was worth sharing.

You Can’t Escape The Work

I think there's a lot of applicability here outside of the fitness realm. What do you think? Where else does this idea make sense?

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

MTxW liked
MTxW
 MTxW
(@mtxw)
Passerby Member
221 Brass
04/06/2019 11:43 am  

It absolutely make sense.  Whether you apply it to fitness, learning a new language, or firearms, learning or improving on a skill requires hard work.

Specifically in regards to the article, I think there is definitely merit to the idea that various recovery techniques don't directly contribute to increased performance.  And I feel there's no doubt that pushing through and suffering the grind builds the mental determination and commitment to improvement. That being said, incorporating some methods of recovery aren't necessarily detrimental either. Depending on the person they may actually contribute to the long term ability of that person to continue working hard on whatever it is they are trying to improve.

I kind of think of it like a survival situation.  Are having some comforts like coffee, a deck of cards, or a sweet treat absolutely necessary to survive? No. Do they make surviving a little less arduous and depressing? Probably.

ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Working

Please Login or Register