Dry Fire Routines

Dry Fire Routines  

RSS

Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
01/11/2019 4:45 pm  

Thought I would share an article from Todd Green's Pistol-Training.com website for those who are looking to expand on their dry fire practice. I recently was doing some digging on dry fire. I wanted to learn more about what I could be doing at home and how I should be going about doing it. I wanted to make sure I was on the right track to actively improve. I found a lot of good articles and info, but what I really wanted was a structured routine that was good to go that I could build off of. The article and routine has been helpful, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Anyone else have recommendations in this area?

Dry Fire Routine

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Akm295

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
10662 Brass
Challenges:
05/11/2019 9:52 pm  

I was hoping there'd be more chiming in on this one. I think there's a lot of value in devising a solid dry fire routine. I know Justin, from Revolver Guy, has a solid one down- and it showed at our range session a couple of weeks back!

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

ReplyQuote
Diceman624
(@diceman624)
Engaged Member Author
1717 Brass
06/11/2019 6:40 am  

Well, at current I don't exactly have one.  However, when I was prepping for a CMP-style rifle match, I took a bulletin board, placed a small scale circle on it, and placed it on the far side of the main hallway in my apartment at the time.  I then practiced prone, sitting and offhand with my M1 from the opposite end of the hallway (~20-30 feet).

Internet reputations may be one thing, but cold hard data is another.

ReplyQuote
Akm295
(@akm295)
Member Member
579 Brass
07/11/2019 11:15 pm  

@matt

Any chance you can link to it? 

ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register