NTCH vs other cheek...

NTCH vs other cheek weld  

RSS

Czfan10101
(@czfan10101)
Member Member
236 Brass
16/07/2019 9:36 am  

Scripture dictates nose to charging handle,but that length of pull doesn't give me consistent sight alignment, cheek weld.  OR is it just old tired eyes?  Any other apostates ?

Sunshine Shooter
(@sunshine-shooter)
Engaged Member Author
1269 Brass
17/07/2019 11:10 am  

Repeatability of eye placement is the goal, "Nose To Charging Handle" is a cute way for people to do it without needing to understand why they're doing what they're doing.  You could have a chin weld and be fine, as long as the same spot on your chin hits the same spot on your stock every single time.

Red dots actually make this less important.  The lack of parallax means that no matter where your eyes are, the dot is where the bullets are going to go.  Every dot I've used had more parallax out towards the edges of the lens, but anywhere towards the middle 50% of the sight was good to go.  Irons and magnified optics require more precise and repeatable head placement.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement"

progunmillennial.wordpress.com

Cutright liked
ReplyQuote
Cutright
(@cutright)
Member Community Founder
284 Brass
04/08/2019 1:10 pm  

If you've ever seen all those rubberbands, rigger bands, etc. on folks stocks, that's what that's all about (unless they're banding tourniquets on there). Get your stock to the proper length for you, using a felt tipped paint pen mark that spot on your stock, slap a parachute riggers rubberband on your stock and now you have a good, tactile reference point you can feel in the dark without even thinking about it.

This is not my idea, it's what was revealed to me during training and that dude was a DEVGRU/Team Six guy whose only advice that I got burned on was going heavy quad pic rail instead of the nice, newer lightweight options out there.

ReplyQuote
BDover
(@bdover)
Engaged Member Author
1270 Brass
05/08/2019 7:56 am  

@cutright

I wondered why people did that.  Thanks!

ReplyQuote

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Working

Please Login or Register