RSS

Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Practitioner Admin
11318 Brass
Challenges:
10/11/2019 11:06 am  

Based on the interview with Linda and Keith, I thought it was appropriate to ask you guys...do you have some sort of mental program or routine you run for shooting? What about others things? One of the items I noted in the interview was that the "cue words" practice is very similar to what I've seen in the strongman/power lifting space.

I always felt like one of my issues with mental programs in the past was that they became too complicated, with too many steps to keep track of.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
Engaged Member Community Founder
1113 Brass
Challenges:
12/11/2019 2:57 pm  

I do have a mental checklist for checking if a rifle is safe that I picked up from working Appleseeds. "Magazine, bolt, safety, flag, grounded, nobody." The magazine is out, the bolt is locked back (if possible), the safety is engaged (if possible), the chamber flag is in the chamber, the rifle is on the ground, and no one is touching the rifle. (Not all rifles can lock their bolts back and not all rifles can engage the safety when the bolt is back.)

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

ReplyQuote

Your Support Matters

The Everyday Marksman uses Ko-Fi to help fund our activities. If you like what you get here, then we'd appreciate your support. Supporting the site includes several perks you can't get anywhere else.
Buy a Round

\\\ Latest Articles

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register