The Everyday Marksman

Community Hub

Something Amazing is Coming

The Everyday Marksman forum launched nearly a year ago. In that time, we’ve learned a lot about one another and running a small tightknit community. Now it’s time for the next evolution, a brand new place for you to connect with other marksmen just like you online and in the real world. It’s almost ready, and it’s going to be an invitation-only affair. But now is your chance to get on the waiting list and get invited the day the doors open up.

I can’t wait to show you more.

\\\ The Forum

I want to ruck you like an animal: Pete's Rucking 30 for 30  

RSS

Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
Engaged Member Community Founder
1117 Brass
Challenges:
04/07/2019 3:47 pm  

48 years old, arthritic knees, overweight, and hardly ever exercising since retiring from the USAF 6 years ago. Let's do this!

First day is Independence Day 2019. A fine day to start.

This topic was modified 7 months ago by Matt

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Topic Tags
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1117 Brass
Challenges:
07/07/2019 11:52 am  

I did it again yesterday although at a bit slower pace. We have had record high temperatures here in Anchorage. It definitely affects my motivation to do anything. I live here so I don't sweat when I'm doing nothing. Come on!

View post on imgur.com

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Matt

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1117 Brass
Challenges:
14/07/2019 10:25 am  

Thanks for the shout out on the newsletter! It reminded me that I hadn't posted an update. I took a wrong turn and walked a little farther than I intended. That's okay, I'm on track to do the 30 in 10 sessions or fewer. Yay me!

View post on imgur.com

This post was modified 7 months ago by Matt

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1117 Brass
Challenges:
20/07/2019 8:01 pm  

I'm at the halfway mark after 5 sessions to 15.78 miles! The last one was tough since I replaced the contents of my pack (books and miscellaneous items) with 6 bricks wrapped in duct tape and bubble wrap. The weight went from 30 to 36 pounds. Oops! Maybe I'll switch it to a lighter pack.

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1117 Brass
Challenges:
24/07/2019 11:58 pm  

Knocked out another one yesterday. Got rained on a little bit towards the end but not bad. Up to 19.37 miles!

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1117 Brass
Challenges:
28/07/2019 2:31 am  

Another one down today! I had a reminder that "the map is not the terrain". I turned on a trail marked on the map to discover that it must be a cross country ski trail in the winter. It was not something to try to walk through in the summer. My feet were quickly soaked in nasty bog water. I backtracked an took another route. Almost two miles in soaking we socks. Yay.

I'm up to 22.7 miles after 7 sessions. I just might make it under 10 sessions before next Friday!

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Hardened Member Admin
11877 Brass
Challenges:
28/07/2019 6:46 am  
Posted by: @pete

Another one down today! I had a reminder that "the map is not the terrain". I turned on a trail marked on the map to discover that it must be a cross country ski trail in the winter. It was not something to try to walk through in the summer. My feet were quickly soaked in nasty bog water. I backtracked an took another route. Almost two miles in soaking we socks. Yay.

I'm up to 22.7 miles after 7 sessions. I just might make it under 10 sessions before next Friday!

That sounds fun, lol. At least it'll help break in the boots

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Pete liked
ReplyQuote
xsquidgator
(@xsquidgator)
Engaged Member Member
1340 Brass
Challenges:
28/07/2019 10:21 am  

@pete

Good job! and keep after it!

Pete liked
ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1117 Brass
Challenges:
29/07/2019 11:11 pm  

Up to 26.74 miles now. I expect to knock out the last one on Wednesday.

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
1117 Brass
Challenges:
31/07/2019 11:32 pm  

Done! 30.07 miles over 9 sessions in less that 30 days.

Matt liked
ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt)
Hardened Member Admin
11877 Brass
Challenges:
01/08/2019 7:24 am  

@pete

Boom! Well done

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

Pete liked
ReplyQuote

\\\ Latest Articles

Support
The Everyday Marksman
The Everyday Marksman is entirely funded by readers like you. We don't rely on ads, sponsors, or any other outside influence to run things. For the price of a box of ammo, you can help keep the lights on and the content flowing.

Buy a Round

Your Support Matters

The Everyday Marksman uses Ko-Fi to help fund our activities. If you like what you get here, then we'd appreciate your support. Supporting the site includes several perks you can't get anywhere else.
Buy a Round

\\\ Latest Articles

Thank you for coming by The Everyday Marksman. This site and its community are a labor of love. I hope you stick around for a while, and maybe even join us.

-Matt

\\\ Participate

COPYRIGHT © The Everyday Marksman

Adventure Awaits

+ Newsletter
+ New Content Alerts
+ Deals and Sales

Subscribe now

Let's Stay Connected

We can't Wait to Show You More

Please Login or Register